Songbook/The Midnight Special
< SongbookNaar navigatie springen Naar zoeken springen
The Midnight Special[bewerken]
- DWhen you get up in theGmorning when the ding dongDring
- You make it to theA7table, see the same oldDthing.
- Ain't nothing on theGtable, but the pots and the Dpans
- Say anything a-A7bout it, have trouble with theDman
- Let the MidnightGSpecial shine your light onDme.
- Let the MidnightA7Special shine your ever-living lights onDme
- Yonder comes a LittleGNora. How do youDknow?
- I know her by theA7apron, and the dress sheDwear.
- Umbrella on herGshoulder, piece of paper in herDhand,
- Looking for someA7sergeant to release herDman.
- I never had theGblues so, in all my lifeDbefore,
- Than when my babyA7left me, at the jailhouseDdoor.
- Oh, she left meGcrying, the tears rolled down herDface.
- Says, "I'd rather see youA7dead, boy, than in thisDplace."
- When you go to theGcity, boys, you better have theDkale,
- Or the law, they'll ar-A7rest you, and they'll put you inDjail.
- The judge he'llGfine you, they'll shake youDdown,
- If you haven't got theA7money, boys, you're jailhouseDbound.
- If you got a good man,Gwoman, you better keep him atDhome,
- For those cityA7women won't leave himDalone.
- They'll paint andGpowder, they sure lookDswell,
- And the first thingA7you know, woman, your man's gone to -uh- sing-Ding